The Arrman Nikolaos Stournaras (1806- 1853) and his wife.
SINA FAMILY (GEORGIOS AND SIMON)
S. Sinas (1810-1876)
He served as Greek Consul in Vienna, and later as Minister to Austria, Kingdom of Bavaria and Germany. The son of Georgios Sinas, also a benefactor and diplomat. He also made major donations to various educational and scientific foundations in Austria, Hungary and greece. His father Georgios had made the foundation of the National Observatory of Athens possible.
Evaggelos Zappas (1800–1865)
Born in theAromanian town of Metsovo, Averoff moved to Alexandria while still young. He was known through most of his life for founding numerous schools both in Egypt and Greece. As a benefactor, he contributed funds for the restoration of the Panathenian Stadium in readiness for the 1896 Summer Olympics. This he did at the request of Crown Prince Constantine. In gratitude for his contributions, a statue of Averoff was commissioned and placed in front of the stadium. In addition, a Greek cruiser, the flagship of the Hellenic Navy, was named after him.
APOSTOLOS ARSAKIS (1792-1874)
Greek benefactor and minister of Romania. He was doctor and scholar from Hotahova in northern Ipeiros His greatest offer however was in the field of educating female teachers by founding and operating the Upper or Girls’ Schools (Arsakeio) which, for a period of 63 years, offered Greek women the chance to be educated and to educate the younger generation in turn, since the state offered school for men only.